Requests and Answers
Adding Prayer Requests
- Add a new Prayer Request by pressing the “+” sign on the Request page. Or in the Category page.
- Enter Title, Category and Detail information and press “Save”.
- Press the calendar icon to select specific days of the week to pray for a request.
- You can also share requests via e-mail/text and even drop requests directly into another iOS device via AirDrop!
Rearrange and Deleting Requests
- Press the “Reorder/Delete” button on either the “Requests” page or the “Answers” page located on the bottom toolbar.
- On the left select which item to delete.
- Confirm and delete the request. If “Categories” is enabled go to the specific category to delete the item.
- On the right is a rearrange icon. Touch and drag the icon to reorder the list.
- Switching ON “Categories” under “Settings” enables grouping for prayer requests. If enabled, the start screens for Prayer Requests and Answers will change to a list of categories. Prayers are grouped by the category specified for each request. For example all requests under the category “Church” will be shown under the “Church” category.
- You can change the category for a request by editing the prayer request itself.
- Prayers without a specified category will fall under the “Miscellaneous” category until a category is assigned to them.
- Only categories with prayer requests populating them will be shown on the top-level page.
- For every prayer saved, the auto-fill category box will be saved with that category entry. The next time you start typing an entry for the category, a drop down will appear with a list of previously entered names for easy reference and selection. This list can be reset via the “Settings” page. Default values are populated with current prayer request’s categories.
Weekly Calendar (Requests Only)
- The weekly calendar allows assignment of requests to each day of the week.
- Tap the calendar icon on the request page to switch to the weekly calendar view.
- To assign a request to a day of the week tap on the request and press the calendar icon. Select the appropriate days and press the “Done” button.
- If using iOS 8 an optional “today” widget can be added. The number of requests for the day will be displayed and updated accordingly.
- Pressing the Check Button will mark the request as answered and will move it to the Answers tab and vice versa.
- For items where the details section cannot fit on the tab a dark blue expand button is inserted. Pressing this will expand and/or contract the details for easy viewing.
- Expand all and collapse all buttons are located on the bottom toolbar.
- Clicking on an item will bring up the edit page where you can add/edit details, change the title, and/or write answers to the request.
Journal (Diary) Entries
Adding Journal Entries
- Add a new Journal Entry by pressing the “+” sign on the Journal page.
- Enter Title, Category and Detail information.
- Change the date at the bottom of the page by tapping the date.
- Set a Bible reference (start, finish).
- Press the "Save" button when complete.
- Sort Journal entires by date, category, or book by going to the "Settings" tab and changing the Journal sort option.
Deleting Journal Entries
- Drill down from the top level (Date, Category, Book) view to see individual entries.
- Press the "Delete" button.
- Select the entry to delete and press the delete icon by that entry
- Confirm delete.
- Under Settings select “Buy”
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Confirm purchase and wait for processing.
- If your have previously purchased the product but have lost the purchase on the device click “Restore” and input your Apple ID and Password to restore the purchase.
- NOTE: You must purchase the product with the same Apple ID that you used to download the App.
- Prayer Notes has a simple password protection scheme to protect privacy. Enable it via the “Settings” page.
- Enabling the password feature automatically makes you enter and verify your password. This will happen every time you switch the password feature off and back on.
- When enabled, a password page will be displayed whenever the application is started or resumed.
- There is no password recovery option. If you forget your password there is nothing that can be done to get back into the program. You’ll have to delete the app and reinstall it from the app store. All your prayer requests will be lost.
- Passwords are not encrypted within the app. Choose a password that you’ll remember, but that is not critical to your life (i.e. don’t use your bank PIN number).
- Use this feature to remind yourself to pray.
- Set the time of the day to pray.
- Set the frequency of the reminder to daily, weekday, or weekend.
- Export from categories using the Export button available in category view, on the bottom toolbar. This applies to both prayer requests and journal entries.
- “Export Database to Email” from the setting’s page to export all journals or prayers to a specified email address.
- For prayers you can choose to include an “Answered” status column (Yes/No) by adjust the appropriate setting on the Settings tab.
- Use this feature to transfer databases between iOS devices (i.e. iPad and iPhone).
- Note that iCloud must be available and enabled for this application.
- Press the “Upload” button to load the entire database into iCloud.
- The time/date stamp will reflect the latest uploaded database in iCloud.
- On another device (using the same iCloud User ID) note the change in time/date stamp.
- On the other device press the “Download” button.
- This will overwrite the local database so be sure all requests are up to date on the iCloud database!
- Note that this is NOT an automated syncing feature, requests will not automatically sync between devices.
- However with proper care you could add prayers to one device, backup to the iCloud, and restore to other devices and vice versa.